Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Week That Was

So, 10th July to 19th July (today) we (me and my brothers Jasper and Damien) went to Brisbane to visit mum. Felt I should write down some stuff.
10th - arrived. Got acquainted with the cat who lives at number 4, but has taken up residence in our unit. Got acquainted with the unit itself. Nothing else, really.
11th - nothing. Or, if something happened, can't remember.
12th - grandpa, Harold Davies, died at the ripe old age of 105. If he had lived until November, he would have been 106 this year. He was the last surviving man who worked on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
13th - nothing. Went to Annerly Library and got Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich, greeted with much praise from mum (our whole family reads the series).
14th - nothing I remember, except I borrowed out Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman from Fairfield Library.
15th - ...
16th - went to DFO to get funeral suits for my brothers and a funeral dress for me. Gah! I hate DFO. Bad memories...
17th - funeral day. Not too bad. Grandma didn't lose her head. Met Uncle John, cousin James and his wife Leigh, and their kids Scarlett and Isabel (forgive me if I didn't spell that right) for the first time in ages.
18th - planned to go see Harry Potter 6. Went there, found the next free session was at 9:50pm. Left, decided to go tomorrow at 9:30am.
19th - today. Saw Harry Potter 6, was excellent. Discovered I was one of "those bloody Harry Potter fanatics". Drove home, broke Jasper's mp3 player, had my ritual mini hot chocolate at the service station. Home now, typing, obviously. Might go for a late night tonight. Made a pact with Jasper to stay up all night tomorrow. Won't make a blog of it this time, although I might write a short post at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment