Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Epilogue - Dusk till Dawn

6:15 am Wednesday
"Woah, Lil - the sky is getting lighter!"
I hurry outside. Sure enough, the dark clouds are turning a lighter mauve.
Jazz looks at my clock. "Do you realise in two hours we'll have been awake for twenty four hours? I can't remember the last time I did that..."
"I've never done that." I say.
Jazz nods. "It's weird to think, after all that night, that it's morning again, without any sleep."
I sit at my desk and stare at my screen. Pretty much all I've done for at least 10 hours. And what a ten hours. I'd surfed RAF, dominated Facebook, advanced in the Cyanide and Happiness archives, written a poem on Quizilla, done more than one quiz on both Facebook and Quizilla, and not to mention write out four rather impressive posts (not including this one).
But now?
I can finally see blue grey skies through my lace curtains, instead of solid black. There are more bird calls. More life.
Dusk till dawn. Did you believe I could make it? Did you think I would fall...asleep? I must say, I thought the latter. I'm rather impressed at myself.
6:21 am - With bird calls filtering through to my small human ears,I look over the neighbouring paddock and smile.
The kookaburras are calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment