Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The All Nighter Part 4

5:10 am - As I stated before, I am going to watch Animorphs. I may be a while. So... go do something. See you soon.
5:30 am - Taking a quick break from the Animorphs. Jazz and I took a peak outside. No sign of dawn yet, but a single star was shining through the thick cloud cover... hmm, that was poetic. I can hear kookaburras, though, so I know dawn cannot be far off.
5:33 am - Quick review. I'm at the part in Changes (don't know which part, 1, 2 or 3) where they're looking for Howard, I mean Harold in the mall (woah, deja vu). It's one of my favourite parts in the whole episode. I don't know why. Maybe it's how they're in this all serious huddle, and they go to move out, but everyone walks forward and they all bang into each other. Maybe it's the music (it is pretty cool). Maybe it's the smooth transition from them to Tobias. For now, back to the show. Later.
5:37 am - Another quick thing. This is a taping of a TV marathon, so it has adds and little intros back to it and that. My favourite is, when they come back from ads (or should I say, These Messages) they go, "You're watching the Animorphs Nickolodeon Television movie..." then it zooms out on a hawk's eye. "But who's watching you?" Awesome.
5:42 am - Aha! My favourite part. Tobias in the hologram with Elfangor. Brings to mind the first lines of Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap - "Where are we, what they hell is going on..."
Direct Quote, I swear - "Yes, Tobias. I am your father."
Not a direct quote - "That's not true! That's impossible!"
"Search your feelings, you know it is the truth."
Direct Quote - "Why didn't you tell me that night, when you landed here?"
"there wasn't time."
Not a direct quote - "Bull**** there wasn't time!"
5:49 am - As the end of Changes pt 3 draws closer, there are two or three things I have to say:
1. I spent most of this episode yelling things at the screen, such as "I KNOW YOUR NAME IS ****ING JAKE!!" and "THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS IN THE BOOK!!" and "YOU CAN'T MORPH THAT ****ING QUICKLY!!"
2. When this line comes on... "It's Tobias... but there's something different about him." "He's smiling." ...I screech with joy and pent up AWWWWWs.
5:54 am - As 6 am draws ever nearer, I'd like to say a couple of things.
1. It's been a truly unfamiliar and remarkably rewarding experience writing down this night. I hope people will actually read this one day :)
2. I challenge any of you who have never done it before... go the dusk till dawn challenge, and somehow record your doings. It makes for an interesting read afterward!
3. I hope you have enjoyed reading this night with me. I wouldn't say it's changed my life, but...in some way it has. I have new respect for people who do this most nights. And I have a feeling I am going to be doing these nights in my uni days :)
4. Keep an eye on this blog. I might just do something else that's completely, utterly, stark raving mad... or in other words, I might just act naturally.
6 am - So. Here it is. The big moment. Dawn. I hold my breath...
...and the stupid sun is nowhere in sight. Oh well. Back to Animorphs. I'll just put this down as another wacky adventure in the life of a would be Animorph... Lillian.

No comments:

Post a Comment