Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The All Nighter Part 1

9:29 pm Tuesday - Me and my brother Jasper have made a pact. Dusk till dawn, no sleep. I shall stay on my computer for the most time, but if I get a headache, I will retire to reading. Wish me luck.
10:37 pm Tuesday - Just finished reading Visser, an extra Animorph book set between two regular titles (not sure which, it was late series - late 40's, early 50's maybe?). The library didn't have it, so I just read it then, some months after finishing the series. It was alright. Going to get a glass of water, get cracking on another book, check up on Facebook.
11:11 pm Tuesday - Jasper has just came into my room, looked at my clock, and said "woah - it's 11:11, did you realise?" "no - I thought it was 10:45 or something." "yeah, me too..."
12:02 am Wednesday - As Jasper has just announced, it's midnight - time for a midnight snack *grins evilly*
12:07 am Wednesday - back with my devilish midnight snack... two slices of bread with peanut butter. More or less given up on the book, number 10 - The Android. As interesting as Erek and the Chee are, Marco is just not one of my favourite narrators... I like Tobias, Cassie and Jake the best. Ax is certainly refreshing... "Cinnabons! Bun - zah!"
12:24 am Wednesday - Bunyip (our dog) is on a barking spree. I should go check it out, but it's probably nothing. Plus, it's raining out there, so... it seems to be taking a long time to finish my peanut butter bread. I'm not even finished the first piece.
12:31 am Wednesday - Finally finished my peanut butter bread. Bunyip still barking crazily. I might just slip out there to peek around... or not. Yeah, I'm chicken. So sue me. Up to page 71 of 99 in The Android. *absently hums the theme to Mission: Impossible*
12:44 am Wednesday - The Android is finished. Next!
"How do you . . . how do you live with the memory?" he asked me. I knew what he meant. See, win or lose, right or wrong, the memory of violence sits inside your head. It sits there, like some lump you can't quite swallow. It sits there, a black hole that darkens hope, and eats away at everyday happiness like a cancer...
1:01 am Wednesday - Darn, my alarm just went off. I set it to 1 am ages ago and never got around to turning it off. So my CD just randomly started to play. Live from the Panel, Vol 4 btw. Try to imagine Overload by Sugarbabes ( CD ) coming on over the top of The Jean Genie by David Bowie ( PC ).
1:26 am Wednesday - Just posted a new topic on RAF (Richard's Animorphs Forum - join us!) called Animorphs dreams. I posted a dream I had and encouraged others to post theirs. I won't say the dream here (it's too long, plus it may freak many non Animorphs fans out), but basically I kept switching between the Animorphs and myself. *shivers, then yawns*. No, I will not break! I will defend against sleep until dawn!
Hmm, this is taking up quite some space... tune in for part 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment